This user note covers all the models for KQ300T-T
The Q300T T is a large chamber, turbomolecular-pumped coating system ideally suited for sputtering a single large diameter specimen up to 8"/200mm (eg a wafer) or multiple smaller specimens over a similar diameter.
The Q300T T is fitted with three individual sputtering heads to ensure even deposition on a range of specimen types. The system is designed to sputter both oxidising metals, eg chromium (Cr) and aluminium (Al), and non-oxidising (noble) metals, eg gold (Au), gold/palladium (Au/Pd) and platinum (Pt). The Q300T T is fitted with three individual sputtering heads to ensure even sputtering deposition over a large diameter. Chromium (Cr) targets are fitted as standard.
NB: For sputtering non-oxidising metals only, see the Q300R T Triple Target, Large Chamber, Rotary-Pumped Sputter Coater.
For sequential sputtering of two different oxidising or non-oxidising metals, see the Q300T D Dual Target Sequential Sputtering System.
- Large area sputter coating - up to 8"/200mm diameter
- Triple sputtering head - ensures even coating deposition of large specimens
- Single target selection - for economic coating of small specimens
- Fine grain sputtering - for advanced high resolution FE-SEM applications
- Coat logging - details of the last 100 coatings available on screen
- High-vacuum turbo pumping - allows sputtering of a wide range of oxidising and non-oxidising (noble) metals - suitable for SEM, high resolution FE-SEM and also for many thin film applications
- Precise thickness control using the film thickness monitor option
- Fully automatic touch screen control - rapid data input, simple operation
- Multiple, customer-defined coating schedules can be stored - ideal for multi-user laboratories
- Automatic vacuum control - can be pre-programmed to suit the process and material; no needle valve to adjust
- Easy-to-change, drop-in style specimen stages (rotation stage as standard)
- Vacuum shut-down option - leaves the process chamber under vacuum when not in use - improved vacuum performance
- Thick film coating - up to 60 minutes sputtering time without breaking vacuum
- Ergonomic one-piece moulded case - easy maintenance and service access
- Ethernet with local FTP server connection - simple programmer updates
- Power factor correction - complies with the current legislation (CE Certification) - efficient use of power means reduced running costs
- Three-year warranty
Ideal for sputter coating large specimens, thin film applications and SEM/FE-SEM
The Q300T T is suited for sputtering a range of oxidising and non-oxidising (noble) metals for scanning electron microscopy (SEM) and thin film applications. The range of target materials available is extensive - see Ordering Information.
High-vacuum turbomolecular pumping
The Q300T T is fitted with an internally mounted 70L/s turbomolecular pump, backed by a 50L/m two-stage rotary pump (order separately). A Pirani vacuum measurement gauge (range: 1,000mbar to 5x10-4mbar) is included, but a full range gauge (1,000mbar to 5x10-9mbar) is available as an option. Typical ultimate vacuum of around 5x10-5mbar can be expected in a clean system after pre-pumping with dry nitrogen gas.
Triple sputtering head
The Q300T T is fitted with three individual sputtering heads to ensure even deposition of individual large specimens or multiple specimens. For economical coating of small specimens, 'single target' mode can be selected.
NB: It is not possible to sequentially sputter three different sputtering metals from each sputtering head - for sequential coating see the Q300T D Dual Target Sequential Sputtering System.
Moulded case with colour touch screen
The Q300T T is presented in a custom moulded, one-piece case - allowing easy servicing access. The colour touch screen allows multiple users to input and store coating 'recipes'. The case houses all the working components and includes an automatic bleed control that ensures optimum vacuum conditions during sputtering.
The vacuum chamber has an internal diameter of 283mm/12" and comes with an integral implosion guard. The vacuum shutdown option can enhance vacuum performance by allowing the chamber vacuum to be maintained when the system is not in use.
A variable speed rotary specimen stage is fitted as standard and accommodates 200mm/8" and 150mm/6" wafers, with other stages available as options - see Options and Accessories.
Rapid data entry
At the operational heart of the Q300T T is a simple colour touch screen, which allows even the most inexperienced or occasional operator to rapidly enter and store their own process data. To further aid ease of use, a number of typical sputter coating profiles are already stored. For added convenience summaries of the last 100 coatings carried out can be viewed.
The intuitive touch screen interface features maintenance prompts that highlight:
- Time of last clean
- Coating time since last cleaned
- System 'on time'
- Time of last service.
|Options and Accessories (including details of standard specimen stage)|
Specimen stages:The Q300T T has specimen stages to meet most requirements. All are easy-change, drop-in style (no screws) and are height adjustable (except rotary planetary stage). Rotation speed is variable between preset limits:
* Flat rotation stage for wafers - for 200mm/8" and 150mm/6" wafers (fitted as standard)
* Rotation stage - 50mm ?. This stage only rotates - no tilt or height adjustment
* Rotate-tilt stage - 50mm ? with height adjustment (target to stage height variable between 30-80mm). The tilt angle can be pre-set (horizontal to 30°)
* Rotation stage for glass microscope slides.
Other options:* Extended height chamber for taller specimens
* Film thickness monitor (FTM). The optional FTM attachment (11520) consists of a controller and quartz crystal oscillator built into the Q300T T and a vacuum feed-through, chamber-mounted crystal holder and quartz crystal. As sputtered material is deposited onto the crystal, its frequency of oscillation is modified. This 'modification' is used to measure and control the thickness of material deposited. NB: Cannot be used when the coater is operated in 'single target' mode.
For information on the KQ150T, and the sputter and carbon coating techniques, visit the Preparation Techniques and Advantages page.
To view sputter and carbon coating images, visit the Image Gallery.