A direct substitute for Biomeda™ Crystal/Mount
Clear-Mount medium is an aqueous mounting medium designed for permanent mounting of tissue sections and cell smears with peroxidase and alkaline phosphatase chromogens that can not be dehydrated with organic solvents. This mounting medium preserves Fast red, Aminoethylycarbazole (AEC), NBT/BCIP, INT/BCIP chromogens and is also compatible with counterstains like Haematoxylin and Nuclear fast red (NFR). It is also suitable for chromogens like DAB and DAB with nickel and cobalt.
It is not compatible with H and E staining.
Mounting of immunohisto slides.
Ready to use mounting medium
2 - 8°C, DO NOT FREEZE.
- Bring the vial to room temperature.
- Rinse slide to be mounted with DISTILLED OR DEIONISED WATER, touch the edges of slide on a paper towel to remove excess water. Place slides on a flat surface.
- Turn the vial upside down and open the dropper to remove any air bubbles.
- Apply 3-4 drops of mounting medium directly on top of the specimen and spread out evenly by tilting the slide back and forth or spread evenly with a 0.2 mL plastic pipette tip, making sure the tissue is not touched. Excess medium can be removed by touching the edges of slide against a paper towel.
- Let stand at room temperature for about 1 to 2 hours. Or the slides can be heated at 37-40°C for 40-60 minutes. The slides are ready for visualisation under a microscope. For oil immersion lenses, a drop of oil can be placed directly on dried Clear-Mount medium for visualisation; the oil can be removed by wiping with Kimwipes.
Removal of coverslip
If the coverslip has to be removed, soak the slide in warm (37°C) water for 5-10 minutes until the mounting medium is dissolved. Rinse slide with warm water to remove all mounting medium. The slide can be mounted again.